The GRI Standards are the first global standards for sustainability reporting and is compatible with popular and regulatory reporting requirements such as the United Nations Global Compact’s Communication on Progress, the Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles (NSBP), the United Nations Principles on Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and the IFC Performance Standards.
The Standards feature a modular, interrelated structure, and represent the global best practice for reporting on a range of economic, environmental and social impacts. This is one of a kind opportunity as currently, CSR-in-Action is the only organisation offering this training locally; please visit Global Rights
In this training we will teach the requirements for publishing a sustainability report along an established framework created by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
• Sustainability context and introduction to GRI
• Prepare: Plan your GRI sustainability reporting process
• Connect: Engaging with stakeholders and enhancing the credibility of the sustainability reporting process
• Incorporating the framework of the NSBP and other relevant local standards/frameworks
• Defining the content of the sustainability report
• Monitoring information for inclusion in the sustainability report
• Final preparation and communication of the sustainability report
Why Produce a Sustainability/CSR Report?
- Reduce risk and improve management practices
- Detect, assess and manage long- and short-term financial risks
- Keep up with competition and differentiate against competitors
- Increase employee motivation, morale, and retention, and attract new talents
- Provide a handy reference for company financial, social and environmental data
- Enhance brand reputation, through being envisioned as transparent and accountable
- Showcase your achievements and help your business track progress against specific targets
- Meet up with international best practices, as well as rapid adaption to national and international regulations