GRI Certified Sustainability Reports
Led by a board and management which collectively have over 90 years of communications and corporate governance experience, CSR-in-Action started the journey of GRI sustainability reporting in Nigeria and has continued to be an established player in this area:
- We are the first sub-Saharan licensee of AccountAbility AA1000AS, the assurance service. We have assured Access Bank’s sustainability report for the last 5 years and have worked with other clients, including MTN and BATN Foundation
- Our Chief Executive, ‘Bekeme Masade-Olowola, is the first West African to be a Board Member of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Amsterdam, the foremost sustainability standard-setter in the world
- We are the first and only certified GRI Standards Trainer in Nigeria. We pioneered GRI training in Nigeria in 2011 with a South African GRI partner, and have held multiple training sessions since. Our training impact has influenced the growth of GRI certified sustainability reporting across all major economic sectors in Nigeria. We are also a GRI Gold Member
- Clients we have worked with on sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement (both general and in-house training) include KPMG, Seven Energy, Shell, Statoil, First Bank, Oando Plc, Total E&P, ExxonMobil, Chevron, UNICEM, GTB, FCMB, FMN, and many more
- We write GRI reports for a large per cent of Nigerian-domiciled businesses, including MTN, Axxela, Flour Mills of Nigeria, Diageo, Total Nigeria, The Nigerian Exchange Group, IBPlc, and Diageo.
- We have trained well over 350 senior professionals in national and multinational enterprises on specialised CSR courses, including but not limited to Stakeholder Engagement and Sustainability Reporting
We designed and launched the region’s first-ever tool for enhancing corporate-community relations, the Community Engagement Standards in 2019.
GRI Standards Training
I liked the course and think the facilitators did a wonderful job. Course content was adequate and rather easy to understand.
This has been a very nice session in terms of content, delivery and also interactiveness. It is very difficult to please a trainer like myself, but, I am impressed. Well done!
If everyone else scored this training 98%, I would score it 100%. I have truly learnt a lot and enjoyed this training
I want to say thank you. I really enjoyed this training with over 100% satisfaction. A lot of questions that I had unanswered before starting this training about the GRI have been answered. I have gotten a lot of information gotten a lot of information from this training about the GRI
This training has opened my eyes to the concept of Sustainability. I used to think that the GRI Training was just for sustainability reports. However, being here has made me realise that it covers the whole aspect of sustainability.
CSR-in-Action provided a very interactive training and this has opened our minds to a better understanding of sustainability reporting. The training was very impactful.
This training was a major eye opener. I was glad that at the end of the session I was able to identify about 15 initiatives, changes etc that can be made to our sustainability programmes and reporting.
The GRI Standards training really exposed me to everything I need to know to be able to implement the sustainability principles using the GRI standards in my organisation. Kudos to CSR-in-Action for putting this together.
CiA is doing an exceptional job with the GRI training. Their trainings are quite enriching.
An insightful training session on GRI G4 reporting. We had great fun and learnt virtually everything we needed to know in a relaxed, fun-filled manner. I would gladly do this again if I have to. Thanks to Bekeme Masade and her team!!!