We are delighted to extend our warm invitation to you to sponsor the 12th Sustainability in the Extractive Industries (SITEI) Conference, which will take place on Tuesday, 31 October 2023, in Victoria Island, Lagos. The theme of this year’s conference is “The SDGs and the Extractive Sector: Aligning Governance, Policies, and Practices.”
This year’s conference will focus on the critical link between the activities of the extractive sector and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aim to ensure equitable, socially inclusive, and environmentally sustainable economic development. The conference will feature a range of eminent speakers from different sectors and prominent representatives from both public and private institutions. These speakers will provide valuable insights, perspectives, and recommendations on the conference’s theme while critically examining and evaluating the issues at hand.
By sponsoring the SITEI Conference, you will be joining our Lead Sponsor, Ford Foundation, Gold Sponsors, Access Bank and Zenera, and others to catalyse change, and be engaged while at it. Visit our sponsorship page and sponsorship brochure for more information.
“Sustainability in the extractive industry extends beyond a mere objective; it is a collective duty. Petrolex took great pride in our sponsorship of the SITEI conference, and our enthusiasm for this partnership knew no bounds!” – Petrolex
Come mingle with our special guests, some of whom are:
- His Excellency, Babajide Sanwoolu, Executive Governor of Lagos State
- Dayo Okusami, Co-Head of the Energy and Natural Resources Practice at TEMPLARS
- Beatrice Eyong, the UN Women Country Representative to Nigeria
- Igazeuma Okoroba, Group Head, Sustainability, at Dangote Cement
- Sam Abu, Regional Partner at PwC
- Murjanatu Gamawa, Head, Business Ethics at NNPC
- Mina Ogbanga, Member, National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG) of the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI)
- Bankole Oloruntoba, CEO of the Nigeria Climate Innovation Centre
- Uwem Ite, Head of Community and Government Relations at Oriental Energy Resources Limited
- Deji Haastrup, Chief Consultant and CEO of Strategic Communications Solutions
…and many more!
The SITEI Conference, birthed in 2012, is the most impactful annual conference in the mining and oil and gas industries that drives pertinent conversations and offers solutions to businesses and governments through targeted tools, activities, and policies. Over the years, our incisive conversations with key stakeholders in these industries have shown us how the change in environment, access to finance and employment, decision-making, land concerns, and increased vulnerability have had a detrimental effect on overall progress.