Dear Human Rights Defenders,
The Countdown is on! Get ready for the prestigious Community and Human Rights (CAHR) Awards Africa 2023 award ceremony.
The annual CAHR Awards Africa celebrates deserving individuals and organisations that have made significant contributions to community development and human rights across Africa.
We had winners emerge from other African nations during the 2022 CAHR Awards Africa. The 2022 CAHR Awards Africa comprised nine categories, of which two received endowments. Aileen Florence Akinyi of Kenya, winner of the Apostle Hayford Alile Humanitarian award and the Women at Risk Foundation (WARIF), winner of the Josephine Nkemdilim Masade Equal Rights award, both received an endowment of five hundred thousand Nigerian Naira (N500,000.00) each to further bolster their efforts and impact.
The other award winners were:
- Green Africa Foundation, Kenya – Winner, Ken Saro-Wiwa Environmental Management Award
- Karis and Eleos Hand of Hope Foundation, Nigeria – Winner, Hajiya Gambo Sawaba Community Impact Award (Company Category)
- Dr. Sanele Gamede, South Africa – Winner, Hajiya Gambo Sawaba Community Impact
Award (Individual Category)
- Ewang Ngide, Cameroon – Winner, Aminu Kano Award for Leadership
- Feminist for Peace Rights and Justice Centre, Kenya – Winner, MKO Abiola Community Engagement Award
- Awareness for Child Trafficking Africa (ACT Africa), South Africa – Winner, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Human Rights Award (Company category)
- Professor Nwaocha Ogechukwu, Nigeria – Winner, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Human Rights Award (Individual category).
The 2022 CAHR Awards Africa was attended by global industry stakeholders from business, government, Community, civil society, development institutions, academia, and the media, such as Teshome Nkrumah, Deputy High Commissioner, Sr. Trade Commissioner & Diplomat, Deputy High Commission of Canada; Rosa Malango, Director, United Nations Regional Commissions, United Nations; Olayinka Mubarak, Group Head, Solid Minerals & Metals, Bank of Industry, and others.
Nominations for the 2023 CAHR Awards Africa are scheduled to start on April 12th -April 26th, 2023. Do you know any exceptional human rights defenders and community champions promoting freedom and positively impacting communities across Africa? Nominate the organisation and individual that deserves to be recognised.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.sitei.org