MODE OF WORK
ABOUT CSR-IN-ACTION CONSULTING
CSR-in-Action (CIA) Consulting is a foremost and expert partner in developing and integrating
sustainable business strategies to create shared value, increase economic viability, ensure
environmental responsibility and promote social accountability. CSR-in-Action Consulting specialises in delivering long-term value to corporate entities through pioneering and bespoke sustainability strategies, networking, performance management, ethics infusion and corporate character development. We are looking for a solid project manager who is passionate about economic and social development and who may have experience working in the key industries such as oil & gas, mining, manufacturing, financial services and telecommunications.
CSR-in-Action has offices in Nigeria and Canada.
- Coordinate the team’s efforts in order to provide superior service to clients and partner.
- Apply your business strategy experience to support client teams and strategic initiatives around development.
- Manage specific client relations (on transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organisations)
- Provide analytical support to team members.
- Work closely with client teams to probe paradigms, develop recommendations based on the findings and ultimately drive implementation and change.
- Participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives as well as conferences and client workshops.
- Develop key documents through research, rigour and engagement.
At least six years of experience working in development, community engagement, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainability, or related field
- Experience in grammatical writing of, and editing logical and detailed reports and proposals
- Experience in engaging with high profile executives from different sectors in the country
- Minimum of five years spent conducting research, engaging in advocacy, or managing programs or partnerships in complex and conflict-afflicted environments
- Minimum of three successful years in a management position, with responsibility for supervising, and developing staff
- Minimum of five years of program management experience, including conducting assessments, designing programs, developing proposals, overseeing implementation, creating and adhering to project timelines and plans, collecting and validating data, and ensuring compliance and delivery on all aspects of grants, especially from multilateral donors
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adhere to budgets and oversee financial accountability
- Demonstrated network and ability to undertake high-level representation with the Nigerian government; ministries and agencies at federal, state and local levels, legislature and/or judiciary
- Experience advocating for new policies or approaches to sensitive and complex issues, like protection, humanitarian access, or human rights
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilise program funding including donor cultivation and grant writing
- Experience in research design, data analysis, and interpretation
- Experience in establishing sector guidance and sustainability reporting, desirable.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
Undergraduate degree in any field; with prioritisation for candidates with Masters/PhD degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively lead and excel as part of a team, communicate a vision, make timely and transparent decisions, and manage conflict
- Strong orientation for detail
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and engaging with vulnerable populations High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent oral and written English language skills, including the ability to quickly synthesise complex technical and programmatic issues into concise communications. Second language ability is a plus
- Computer literacy, including use of internet and search engines for sound research
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria and periodically internationally
- Availability for a minimum period of two years
- A sense of humor and passion for CSR-in-Action’s mission
- Highly organised, analytical, accurate and detailed oriented
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, to analyse and prioritise assignments, and to work independently, as well as with a team
- Ability to maintain confidential information is essential, as is an ability to use judgement in the wording and inclusion of pertinent and sensitive information
- Proven passion for development.
CIA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drugfree, inclusive and gender-sensitive workplace.
Intrigued by this challenge? Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com, with title ‘Coordinating Consultant’ and we will be in touch!
Visit www.csr-in-action.com to learn more about us.